The following text is also found on this page on the website. See the top part of the page for more details about the course.
Ten Scholarships in 2020 – Apply by April 15th
This is not the first time I’ve given scholarships to hypnosis students, but this year, 2020, I want to award TEN scholarships to celebrate the launch of the new online Hypnosis for Community Health Program, which will start June 13th. This means that we’ll have a great cohort of learners for this program. (This course is $1,500 without a scholarship.)
These scholarships are reserved for Black, Indigenous, and other People of Color (as a form of reparations); LGBTQIA+ people; people with disabilities; and people who are recent immigrants to the U.S. but who are experiencing discrimination as a result of their ethnicity or religion.
Two of the ten scholarships are reserved for people who suffer from multiple chemical sensitivity (also known as TILT and environmental illness).
Participants will earn a certificate of completion when they finish this 150-hour, 15 week course.
Applicants must have at least one year’s experience in community or professional service and/or activism in issues such as:
- general health;
- sexual and reproductive health;
- HIV/AIDS and other STIs;
- poverty rights;
- disability rights;
- immigration rights;
- sexworker rights;
- children’s rights;
- elders rights;
- risk and harm reduction programs;
- chemical addictions programs;
- community clinics and medics;
- doula, midwifery, and lactation;
- food justice;
- environmental health and justice;
- LGBTQIA+ issues and justice;
- social and racial issues and justice;
- indigenous issues and justice.
All instruction will be free. In addition to attending the lectures and completing the coursework, you only have to buy one or two books, have fairly regular access to the internet, and line up a couple of friends or volunteers so you can practice your hypnosis skills in real person.
Apply for the Scholarships by April 15, 2020
If you would like to schedule an online conversation (via Zoom) as the first step to a scholarship, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your email, please include:
- Your name, address, email address, phone number, and time zone. International students are welcome to apply;
- Your pronouns;
- A little about your interests and experiences in any or all of the above issues;
- Any prior experience or training in hypnosis or another helping profession;
- What is it that interests you about this course;
- Your needs, and that of your communities.
Thank you! I look forward to hearing from you!